Traveling

 Waking up late, the sun burning into eyes

knowing i'm not the same as yesterday

looking back at the fading memories of the past

trying to remember who I am or was

as if there's still time to leave my sins behind

A strange sort of apathy invades the pores of the my soul

accompanied by freedom unchained from the dreams I once knew

freedom is not what it seems, maybe it was never real 

traveling to find the last vestiges of America's dwindling dream

life growing through the cracked concrete of broken promises

Jealous clouds now hide the sun, the wind bringing hints of rain

I find solace in the empty spaces between moments of time

The world ends yet no one notices

blood stops pumping in our veins but cuts still bleed the same

staring into in a half-life of existance, trapped between forward and back

forever doomed to wander a wasteland of spirit 

forever seeking a guide to show the way home




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And She Hugged Him Tightly

Between Creation and Collapse

Untamed Dreams